Friday, September 17, 2010

"Listen to the Tears Roll. . ." or Microwaved Coffee Is Still OK. . .

Hiya!

So I haven't done one of these in awhile. . .many things to report since last I typed in the "blog-o-shpere". . .

1. A new . . .Trail of Dead record is done and is coming out early in 2011. Recording occurred in Southwestern TX and Upstate NY. I think it will surprise some and will "reinvigorate" some others. Apparently there are some pretty extensive art/packaging ideas being hashed out right now for the several versions that will be available so keep your eyes peeled for it. . .We're also heading to China for a festival appearance and then doing a mini-tour of TX, LA and AR around Halloween. . .hope to see youse there!!!

2. There's a new addition to the Foster House Family. . .everyone welcome Bruce Hornsby!!! He's a 3 yr. old (we think) Rottie-Mix who likes long walks at sunset, Martinis EXTRA-DRY and Peanut Butter. His turnoff's include: Not getting treats and his leash whilst running. The Pigg and I had wanted a doggie for a long time and this guy is perfect. As I write this he's laying on the couch (in his favorite spot) right next to me with his blanket for a pillow. . .doesn't get much cuter.

3. "The Great Going On Of The Job Market 2010 Deluxe Edition" has begun. Stacey is finishing her diss. whilst checking out the job lists and preparing her materials for what, I'm sure, will be one of the most fun, challenging and rewarding times she's ever had. I'm so happy to be here and be a part of this with her. . .and to answer your questions. . .YES there are some jobs near most everyone that we know and NO we don't know if we'll be at any one of them particularly. . .BUT she/we do have a SPECIAL list of jobs that we both seem to like more than others. . .MWAHAHAHAHA!

4. I have officially made the decision to go to Culinary School and get what the crazies these days call "a degree" (WHAT?!?!). At some point after we move in the next year I'll know the when's and where's. . .

5. I've been writing LOTS of music for what I hope will soon turn into a recorded work of some kind. I recently bought an amp and all the other things that are needed to play guitar and have it sound nice and have even been working on MELODIES AND LYRICS!!!??? To some of you this will not be a shock of any caliber or import but to those that have played musics with me in the past it might be a little shocking. It's been a fun exercise in challenging myself to get better at writing memorable melodies and lyrics that aren't embarrassing. Basically, I've just tried to learn everything I could form all the great songwriters that I've had the pleasure of working with through the years. . .hopefully I've done a good job of paying tribute to some of what you've taught me (whether you know it or not).

I guess that's about it for us up here in the north lands. . .the days are getting shorter and the temps are getting lower which means that Winter is coming. . .with Autumn right around the corner The Pigg and I increasingly wanna eat warm comfort foods. . .I think a White Chili is soon to be in the pot here at Foster House. . .you should come over.

I hope this finds all of you well!!

Aaron

No comments: